- NME: What are the Ize Of The World?
- Albert: “Isn’t it what every word ends with? Modernize, computerize…(Julian shakes head) Or am I wrong? I’m wrong.”
- Julian: “Once you hear the lyrics to the song, it’s pretty clear what it means.”
- NME: 'Evening Sun'
- Fab: “Julian first did this and we found it on Gordon [Raphael, producer]‘s computer. We went up to Julian and said, ‘Why didn’t you play us this song?’. It’s become one of my favourites. Oh, and he and I both played the drums.”
- Julian: “Oh, please don’t print that.”
- Fab: “Are you going to deny that? If you listen to the end you hear that there are two drummers.”
"I think The Strokes and Julian Casablancas are really in the legacy of great bands. And The Strokes, to me, are as good as The Velvet Underground."
— Hear the robots behind Daft Punk share the inspirations behind Random Access Memories (via jamiephillipcook)